Thread poster: flolabussiere
flolabussiere
France
Local time: 14:13
English to French
+ ...
Dec 7, 2013

Hello everyone

I have been requeste to translate into French a document from the Department of Word and Pension, in the UK.

Do you know if the translation has to be certified or not ?

Thanks a lot for your help,
Florence Labussière

Direct link Reply with quote

neilmac  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Not indispensable Dec 7, 2013

If the client hasn't specified that the translation must be "certified" or sworn, I would normally assume that it is not necessary. In fact, I wouldn't ask the client about it either, as they might decide to ask for it certifed "just in case", which I always find a hassle.

flolabussiere
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Certified translation Dec 8, 2013

Hello

Thanks for your answer. Sometimes the client does not know whether it needs to be certified or not. I think I will give him some addresses of certified translators, as it would create too much trouble to get paid for this work and realize afterwards that it had to be certified.

Regards

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Certified translation - Department of Work and Pension

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search