Team translation - Terminology help for a newbie
Thread poster: pgorod
pgorod
Portugal
Feb 24, 2015

Hello,

this is my first post here.

I would appreciate some help navigating the world of computer translation terminology. I know so little that I can't even Google properly for what I need! : - )

Basically, I have to write a proposal for this:

1. We need fast translation of 2-3 pages articles (and short video subtitles, but let's leave that for later).

2. We have several volunteers for this, but we can't give them large bits of work and expect them to work fast, they have other things to do.

3. We're looking for software that would break a text into segments, send it out to each person, and gather back the full translated text.

4. If the software was intelligent enough to aid in the quest for some consistency between translators, that would be great.

BTW, this is an experimental project and I understand that our expectations should be low regarding the quality of the translations produced in this manner. The idea is to get quick translations out there and then gradually improve them through some wiki style cooperative process.

So, does this even exist? Are people doing this? What is it called, so I can research it some more?

Thanks in advance!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Team translation - Terminology help for a newbie

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search