https://www.proz.com/forum/translation_theory_and_practice/282296-team_translation_terminology_help_for_a_newbie.html

Team translation - Terminology help for a newbie
Thread poster: pgorod (X)
pgorod (X)
pgorod (X)
Portugal
Feb 24, 2015

Hello,

this is my first post here.

I would appreciate some help navigating the world of computer translation terminology. I know so little that I can't even Google properly for what I need! : - )

Basically, I have to write a proposal for this:

1. We need fast translation of 2-3 pages articles (and short video subtitles, but let's leave that for later).

2. We have several volunteers for this, but we can't give them large bit
... See more
Hello,

this is my first post here.

I would appreciate some help navigating the world of computer translation terminology. I know so little that I can't even Google properly for what I need! : - )

Basically, I have to write a proposal for this:

1. We need fast translation of 2-3 pages articles (and short video subtitles, but let's leave that for later).

2. We have several volunteers for this, but we can't give them large bits of work and expect them to work fast, they have other things to do.

3. We're looking for software that would break a text into segments, send it out to each person, and gather back the full translated text.

4. If the software was intelligent enough to aid in the quest for some consistency between translators, that would be great.

BTW, this is an experimental project and I understand that our expectations should be low regarding the quality of the translations produced in this manner. The idea is to get quick translations out there and then gradually improve them through some wiki style cooperative process.

So, does this even exist? Are people doing this? What is it called, so I can research it some more?

Thanks in advance!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Team translation - Terminology help for a newbie

Translation news

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »