https://www.proz.com/forum/translation_theory_and_practice/2953-how_to_organise_personal_glossaries.html

How to organise personal glossaries?
Thread poster: Palko Agi
Palko Agi
Palko Agi  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:30
English to Hungarian
+ ...
May 24, 2002

Hello, I need some help in organising my glossaries. First I created separate glossaries by topic, but now they became quite difficult to handle - too many of them and a lot of overlaps. Would it be better to put them into one or two big ones? Would you share your methods? Thanks.

Fernando Galv�n (X)
Fernando Galv�n (X)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Glossaries May 24, 2002

I keep my glossaries in MS Excel, and I am currently developping a macro for formatting and maintaining them; it is quite simple, but I think it will help somehow. If you are interested in it, let me know and I will get it forwarded to you when it is finished.

(click on my profile link to send me a message)

Sami Khamou
Sami Khamou  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:30
Member (2002)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Organizing Glossaries Aug 23, 2002

Trados MultiTerm is designed just for that purpose. It has advanced features to sort out multilingual glossaries.

utebartz
utebartz
English to German
+ ...
Searching personal glossaries Oct 25, 2002

I keep all my glossaries in one folder and use \"Agent Ransack\" when searching them. The program is like an internal search engine which is able to search for full text within your harddrive. There are some other programs like \"inforapid\" and \"dtsearch\" on the market, which are said to be good as well.

Check it out, you\'ll find downloads of all these programs on the WWW!

Regards,

Ute Bartz

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to organise personal glossaries?

Translation news

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »