Residence card translation
Thread poster: Brennan Holt
Brennan Holt  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:57
German to English
+ ...
Sep 21, 2016


I was hoping somebody could help me with a practical issue. I have to translate a German residence card (Aufenthaltstitel) and I'm not sure what format should it have in the end. Should I describe the document adding [picture], [signature] and the like? Or should I attach a copy?

Thanks a lot for your time, I really appreciate it!


Direct link Reply with quote

Tina Vonhof  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:57
Member (2006)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Both Sep 21, 2016

I always do both. With a certified document you have to attach a copy of the original, so it is clear what your [picture], [signature] etc. refer to. Never copy them from the original but I assume you knew that.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Residence card translation

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search