Thread poster: Gianni Pastore
Gianni Pastore
Gianni Pastore  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 10:03
Member (2007)
English to Italian
Nov 29, 2005

Hi! Can anybody advise me how to make my scroll wheel work in FrameMaker? I have had an old Logitech optical mouse and it worked fine; got it replaced and the new one just won't do it.
I have downloaded few additional mouse drivers as suggested from Adobe forums, and still no results. Any idea on how to fix this?
(OS Win 2000 Pro, Framemaker 6.0 and Logitech MX30 Optical mouse) by the way are the specs)

[Edited at 2005-11-29 09:36]

Terence Ajbro
Terence Ajbro
Sweden
English to German
+ ...
mouse for Framemaker Nov 29, 2005

Installed this last week:

http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Best/freewheel-mouse.html

Works a treat!

Regards

Terence Ajbro

plha
plha
English to Slovak
+ ...
try Katmouse Nov 29, 2005

I had the same problem with FM, and tiny app called Katmouse solved it.
(it also improved behaviour of mouse wheel in some other apps I use, on the other hand it is a good idea to deactivate it (one doubleclik on the tray does the thing) in some programs (e.g. Corel)

you can download it here
http://ehiti.sdf-eu.org/katmouse/

it is free!
Peter

Gianni Pastore
Gianni Pastore  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2007)
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Thank You! Nov 29, 2005

At last the wheel is working fine now!!! Thanks a lot, I really appreciated folks! (I have downloaded both drivers, and they both work fine!)
Cheers
Gianni

María Teresa Taylor Oliver
María Teresa Taylor Oliver  Identity Verified
Panama
Local time: 03:03
Spanish to English
+ ...
You're a genius!!! Mar 17, 2006

plha wrote:

I had the same problem with FM, and tiny app called Katmouse solved it.
(it also improved behaviour of mouse wheel in some other apps I use, on the other hand it is a good idea to deactivate it (one doubleclik on the tray does the thing) in some programs (e.g. Corel)

you can download it here
http://ehiti.sdf-eu.org/katmouse/

it is free!
Peter

Thank you!!! I sometimes work on large projects which involve quite a few FrameMaker documents, and it used to drive me crazy how I couldn't use the scroll button.

I happened to read this topic yesterday, while I was working on one of those projects and bingo!!! No more trouble! Yipeee!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Scroll wheel in Framemaker not working

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »