Graphics after clean-up with Trados
Thread poster: Manuela Brehm
Manuela Brehm
Local time: 04:53
German to Portuguese
+ ...
Jan 22, 2003

I have a problem with cleaned Trados files.

When I translate Word .doc files, that include several graphics and images, with Trados everything seems to be OK. Then, after I clean the .doc files with Trados Clean-up, some of the graphics and images turn gigantic. Footer and Header images always turn gigantic. How can I solve this?

Thanks in advance.

Manuela

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:53
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Do not clean up with TRADOS Jan 22, 2003

Use a Word macro for clean-up.

With ALT+F8 you can get to the macro selection screen. Seachr for \"tw4winClean.Main\" and then choose it and let it run.

Before clean-up you must update all changed translation units in your TRADOS TM, as they will not be updated during the clean-up in Word. But all (or nearly all) graphics will remain OK.

The graphics get damaged for many reasons. The most important is the conversion to RTF, done during clean-up with Trados. The second important is, that the graphics are not embedded in Word, but just only linked and you do not have the graphics in your PC. But Trados obviously tries to actualize the links - and messes graphics.

I do not clean any files with Workbench anymore - cleaning in Word is faster and makes not so much problems.

HTH

Jerzy

Manuela Brehm
Local time: 04:53
German to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
... Jan 22, 2003

Thanks a lot Jerzy. You saved me a lot of work.

Regards from cold and rainy Lisbon.

Manuela

RWSTranslation
Germany
Local time: 05:53
Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
Clean Macro in toolbar Jan 22, 2003

Hello

You can easely add a symbol to a word toolbar with the Clean macro.

Then you can very fast clean your word fles.

Hans

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Graphics after clean-up with Trados

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search