https://www.proz.com/forum/translation_theory_and_practice/8538-translate_power_point_with_trados.html

Translate Power Point with Trados
Thread poster: Manuela Brehm
Manuela Brehm
Manuela Brehm
Local time: 13:22
German to Portuguese
+ ...
Feb 12, 2003

I want to translate some powerpoint files with Trados, but I get the message \"the presentation contains unavailable fonts\" \"unable to continue\".

What can I do about this?

Thanks for your kind help.

Manuela

Henk Peelen
Henk Peelen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 14:22
Member (2002)
German to Dutch
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
please look at Feb 12, 2003

http://www.proz.com/?sp=bb/viewtopic&post=51793#51793

Anna_g
Anna_g  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Go to the Format menu and change the fonts Feb 12, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-02-12 19:13, ManuelaValentim wrote:

I want to translate some powerpoint files with Trados, but I get the message \"the presentation contains unavailable fonts\" \"unable to continue\".

Manuela

I had that same problem! Go to the \"Format\" Menu and change the fonts the program does not recognize (... See more
Quote:

On 2003-02-12 19:13, ManuelaValentim wrote:

Manuela

I had that same problem! Go to the \"Format\" Menu and change the fonts the program does not recognize (they are displayed with a ? next to them)

Good luck!

Anna. ▲ Collapse

Monika Coulson
Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:22
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
It's easy, but ... Feb 12, 2003

I asked this question several months ago.

Go to Tools and click on Replace fonts.

It is that easy. However, (from my first hand experience) tell your client about this change of fonts. I did not do it once (the first time I used Trados 5.5 that supports Powerpoint), and when I delivered the project, the client was not happy because of this change. So there were lots of hours spent to fix the fonts. It would have been faster for me (only in this particular case) to have the m
... See more
I asked this question several months ago.

Go to Tools and click on Replace fonts.

It is that easy. However, (from my first hand experience) tell your client about this change of fonts. I did not do it once (the first time I used Trados 5.5 that supports Powerpoint), and when I delivered the project, the client was not happy because of this change. So there were lots of hours spent to fix the fonts. It would have been faster for me (only in this particular case) to have the material translated without Trados. Since then, I have NEVER had any other problems with Trados and Powerpoint, it just works great.

Monika

[ This Message was edited by:on2003-02-12 20:09]
Collapse

Manuela Brehm
Manuela Brehm
German to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
... Feb 12, 2003

Thanks for your replies. But I still have the same problem. The only fonts I have on the documents are Arial and Times New Roman. No font appears with a question mark and I still get the same message. Any clue?

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Alternatively, get the fonts Feb 12, 2003

If your customer needs special fonts, they could provide them to you...

Manuela Brehm
Manuela Brehm
German to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
... Feb 12, 2003

As nothing seems to work, I will get in touch with my customer and ask him to provide me the fonts.

Thanks all for your help.

Judy Rojas
Judy Rojas  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 08:22
Spanish to English
+ ...
What about Asian fonts? Feb 13, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-02-12 21:13, ManuelaValentim wrote:

As nothing seems to work, I will get in touch with my customer and ask him to provide me the fonts.

By any chance, did you get a message when you open the file indicating that the presentations contains foreign fonts? These fonts are sometimes hidden and are inserted when the presentation was produced in a PC with the ... See more
Quote:

On 2003-02-12 21:13, ManuelaValentim wrote:

By any chance, did you get a message when you open the file indicating that the presentations contains foreign fonts? These fonts are sometimes hidden and are inserted when the presentation was produced in a PC with the International setting to Asia. In this case, I suggest downloading the Mincho font-set and installing it in your PC.

Regards, ▲ Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translate Power Point with Trados

Translation news

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »