Thread poster: Djidji74
Djidji74
Djidji74
Local time: 04:54
Arabic to English
+ ...
Oct 25, 2007

Hi everyone,
I am a translation student and just started a module called"the translator's professional environment".
Could anyone tell me a bit about it. I actually need some advice from those who already did this module.
Thanks in advance
Djidiji74

[Edited at 2007-10-25 13:36]

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 05:54
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
URL and course summary Oct 25, 2007

Djidji74 wrote:
I am a translation student and just started a module called"the translator's professional environment".

Just in case anyone's wondering, here it is:

http://www.londonmet.ac.uk/depts/hal/ug/applied-translation/placement/at301-the-translators-professional-environment.cfm

lexical
lexical  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:54
Portuguese to English
Do you mean to say... Oct 26, 2007

...that people get paid good money for teaching this tosh in universities?

Orla Ryan
Orla Ryan  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 04:54
hmm! Oct 26, 2007

Very high-falutin' description on the site. I still don't really understand what they're saying there

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translator's professional environment

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »