Management tool. T.O.M or Projetex??
Thread poster: Matthew Holway

Matthew Holway  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 10:45
Italian to English
+ ...
May 9, 2008

Hi all. Yes, I've had it with excel, manual invoicing and losing track of projects! I've spotted a couple of questions from last year about T.O.M (http://www.jovo-soft.de/) and there is still no feedback at all. Is anybody actually using T.O.M?? I can't even find one decent review on the web. I don't really want to dish out 550 Euro for an obsolete program. Then again it looks like it has all the functions I need, including e.mail tracking etc , invoicing database of freelancers and agencies, etc... (we are a team of more than 20 translators working with about the same number of agencies.). Or do I go for Projetex?? Or should I toss a coin?

I would appreciate it greatly if some kind soul would cast some light in this rather dark and confusing corner.

Warm regards.

Matt Holway
www.sicilyenglish.org

Direct link Reply with quote

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 03:45
Spanish
+ ...
Trials May 9, 2008

As far as I know, they both offer a 30-day trial. Why don't you use both programs at the same time to see which one fulfills your own requirements better?

Good luck.

Claudia

Veroniki Velli  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 11:45
English to Greek
+ ...
TOM is really helpful May 9, 2008

Hello,

I am using TOM. I think that it is very very helpful and very easy to learn.
Indeed you can do whatever you like with it (invoicing, keep a record of all your projects and clients, easily calculate your earings as you can also import your expenses).

I have not used Projetex so I cannot really compare but at least I can tell you that I am in general very satisfied with TOM.

Regards,
Veroniki

Matthew Holway  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 10:45
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
OK Thanks May 9, 2008

I'll try out the aforementioned respective software. Thanks Claudia and Veroniki.
Warm regards. The summer is breaking out here in Sicily. (-;

Matt Holway
Coordinator
Sicilyenglish.org

Kate Warren  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:45
Spanish to English
+ ...
Any verdict on management tools? Aug 12, 2008

Hi Matthew

I am just starting out as a freelancer and researching management tools - did you ever try out TOM or Projectex? If so, what did you make of them?

At a glance, TOM looks great but maybe a little complicated.

Also, did you ever check out Translation Office 3000? - it does look more simple to use but I've heard it is cumbersome.

Please let me know!

With thanks

Kate

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Management tool. T.O.M or Projetex??

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search