Any comments on Oxford Duden Italian - English?
Thread poster: Bea Szirti

Bea Szirti
Local time: 02:14
English to Hungarian
+ ...
May 29, 2008

Hi,
I often translate Italian to Hungarian and have the English Hungarian version of Duden. Hungarian Italian doesn't exist, unfortunately. As it is a great and rich resource for technical terms I thought in emergency I could use the English Italian one.
This is what I have found:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Oxford-Duden-Pictorial-Italian-English-Dictionary/dp/0198645171

Are there different, maybe updated editions?

Is there a downloadable version maybe that I could buy?

Any comment and advice would be great.

Thanks

Bea Szirti

Gennady Lapardin  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 03:14
Italian to Russian
+ ...
The price at amazon.com is too high May 29, 2008

Hi Bea,
51 pounds is too much. Try to find it at maximum 30-40 USD, search the web or ask in the bookstores, somewhere should be. I wouldn't call it invaluable, when you have an ASDL connection. It is a useful quick reference at hand for "triangle" translations, in my case from IT through ENG into RU, and vice versa. It does spare time of surfing the net, yet I prefer surfing and always manage to find necessary parallel texts and illustrations. Now we have such big resources as multilingual Wikipedia and others. The last time I looked through my IT-ENG Duden was a few months ago.
I think there are no downloadable versions of Pictorial Dudens.
GL

Bea Szirti wrote:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Oxford-Duden-Pictorial-Italian-English-Dictionary/dp/0198645171
Any comment and advice would be great.
Thanks
Bea Szirti

[Edited at 2008-05-29 20:30]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Any comments on Oxford Duden Italian - English?

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search