Any comments on Oxford Duden Italian - English?
Thread poster: Bea Szirti
Bea Szirti
Local time: 04:18
English to Hungarian
+ ...
May 29, 2008

Hi,
I often translate Italian to Hungarian and have the English Hungarian version of Duden. Hungarian Italian doesn't exist, unfortunately. As it is a great and rich resource for technical terms I thought in emergency I could use the English Italian one.
This is what I have found:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Oxford-Duden-Pictorial-Italian-English-Dictionary/dp/0198645171

Are there different, maybe updated editions?

Is there a downloadable version maybe that I could buy?

Any comment and advice would be great.

Thanks

Bea Szirti

Direct link Reply with quote

Gennady Lapardin  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 05:18
Italian to Russian
+ ...
The price at amazon.com is too high May 29, 2008

Hi Bea,
51 pounds is too much. Try to find it at maximum 30-40 USD, search the web or ask in the bookstores, somewhere should be. I wouldn't call it invaluable, when you have an ASDL connection. It is a useful quick reference at hand for "triangle" translations, in my case from IT through ENG into RU, and vice versa. It does spare time of surfing the net, yet I prefer surfing and always manage to find necessary parallel texts and illustrations. Now we have such big resources as multilingual Wikipedia and others. The last time I looked through my IT-ENG Duden was a few months ago.
I think there are no downloadable versions of Pictorial Dudens.
GL

Bea Szirti wrote:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Oxford-Duden-Pictorial-Italian-English-Dictionary/dp/0198645171
Any comment and advice would be great.
Thanks
Bea Szirti

[Edited at 2008-05-29 20:30]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Any comments on Oxford Duden Italian - English?

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search