Jon Reynolds
Jon Reynolds  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:13
German to English
+ ...
Sep 2, 2008

Hi,

When I try to use Plustools in Word 2007 to "Tweak" a document, e.g. to remove html tags, Word crashes (the screen freezes and the "Word is not responding" error message comes up).

It is the same whether I select lots of files to process, or just one, so I am really not sure what is happening. I have tried two diffeent versions of Plustools, without success.

Just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem, or has perhaps discovered a way around
... See more
Hi,

When I try to use Plustools in Word 2007 to "Tweak" a document, e.g. to remove html tags, Word crashes (the screen freezes and the "Word is not responding" error message comes up).

It is the same whether I select lots of files to process, or just one, so I am really not sure what is happening. I have tried two diffeent versions of Plustools, without success.

Just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem, or has perhaps discovered a way around it?

Cheers,

Jon.
Collapse

Lori Cirefice
Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 17:13
French to English
No such problems here Sep 2, 2008

I have no problem using Plustools (+Tweak, Extract, etc) and Word 2007, although I know of a few translators who had problems similar to yours. Unfortunately I don't have a solution, but maybe you could search the Worfast yahoo group for some ideas. There was a suggestion on this http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/wordfast/message/62972 thread, but I didn't try it.

... See more
I have no problem using Plustools (+Tweak, Extract, etc) and Word 2007, although I know of a few translators who had problems similar to yours. Unfortunately I don't have a solution, but maybe you could search the Worfast yahoo group for some ideas. There was a suggestion on this http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/wordfast/message/62972 thread, but I didn't try it.

Are you also using Vista? Does your computer have plenty of RAM? What language version of Word 2007? (mine is French)
Collapse

Jon Reynolds
Jon Reynolds  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:13
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Plustools Problem with Word 2007 Sep 3, 2008

Hi Lori,

Thanks very much for your response. I am using a laptop which is less than a year old, so there should be plenty of RAM. It has Windows Vista installed and the language in Word is English. The odd thing is that I used to be able to use Plustools without any problems - ok it was sometimes a little slow but by and large it worked. I just don't understand why it has stopped working altogether when I try to perform certain functions.

Thanks again for your help - wi
... See more
Hi Lori,

Thanks very much for your response. I am using a laptop which is less than a year old, so there should be plenty of RAM. It has Windows Vista installed and the language in Word is English. The odd thing is that I used to be able to use Plustools without any problems - ok it was sometimes a little slow but by and large it worked. I just don't understand why it has stopped working altogether when I try to perform certain functions.

Thanks again for your help - will check out the link you sent me.

Jon.
Collapse

Lori Cirefice
Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 17:13
French to English
Ah Sep 3, 2008

Ah, so it worked before, that is odd. I wonder if it could have anything to do with your macro security settings? I guess I would try to reinstall Word to see if that helps, or maybe try killing normal.dot first (not really sure if that would have any effect on your problem, but might be worth trying...)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Plustools Problem with Word 2007

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »