Tool to convert HTML tags to TMX Level 2 inline tags
Thread poster: dzerry
dzerry
Local time: 14:07
English to Polish
+ ...
Sep 18, 2008

Hi! I'm looking for a tool that would automatically parse the text, find the HTML tags and convert them to legal TMX 1.4b level 2 inline elements. For example:
This piece of text:
<b>Piece of <u>text</u></b>

to this

<bpt i="1">&lt;b&gt;</bpt>Piece of <bpt i="2">&lt;u&gt;</bpt>text<ept i="2">&lt;/u&gt;</ept><ept i="1">&lt;/b&gt;</ept>

It can be a script, XSL stylesheet, command-line tool, or a simple Level 2 compliant TMX editor. Haven't found anything so far.

Thanks!

Jarek Orlowski

[Edited at 2008-09-18 12:56]

[Edited at 2008-09-18 13:34]

[Edited at 2008-09-18 13:43]

Direct link Reply with quote

Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 14:07
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
Okapi Olifant? Sep 18, 2008

dzerry wrote:

Hi! I'm looking for a tool that would automatically parse the text, find the HTML tags and convert them to legal TMX 1.4b level 2 inline elements. For example:
This piece of text:
Piece of text

to this

Piece of text

It can be a script, XSL stylesheet, command-line tool, or a simple Level 2 compliant TMX editor. Haven't found anything so far.

Thanks!

Jarek Orlowski

[Edited at 2008-09-18 12:56]

[Edited at 2008-09-18 13:34]

[Edited at 2008-09-18 13:43]

You might try importing the text as "tab delimited" into Olifant, and saving as TMX, of course with only one language in it.

Haven't tried myself, but it might work.

HTH

Piotr

P.S. I guess you were having a hard time entering the code, and just quoting your message broke it...

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tool to convert HTML tags to TMX Level 2 inline tags

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search