Tool to convert HTML tags to TMX Level 2 inline tags
Thread poster: dzerry
dzerry
Local time: 18:42
English to Polish
+ ...
Sep 18, 2008

Hi! I'm looking for a tool that would automatically parse the text, find the HTML tags and convert them to legal TMX 1.4b level 2 inline elements. For example:
This piece of text:
<b>Piece of <u>text</u></b>

to this

<bpt i="1">&lt;b&gt;</bpt>Piece of <bpt i="2">&lt;u&gt;</bpt>text<ept i="2">&lt;/u&gt;</ept><ept i="1">&lt;/b&gt;</ept>

It can be a script, XSL stylesheet, command-line tool, or a simple Level 2 compliant TMX editor. Haven't found anything so far.

Thanks!

Jarek Orlowski

[Edited at 2008-09-18 12:56]

[Edited at 2008-09-18 13:34]

[Edited at 2008-09-18 13:43]

Direct link Reply with quote

Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 18:42
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
Okapi Olifant? Sep 18, 2008

dzerry wrote:

Hi! I'm looking for a tool that would automatically parse the text, find the HTML tags and convert them to legal TMX 1.4b level 2 inline elements. For example:
This piece of text:
Piece of text

to this

Piece of text

It can be a script, XSL stylesheet, command-line tool, or a simple Level 2 compliant TMX editor. Haven't found anything so far.

Thanks!

Jarek Orlowski

[Edited at 2008-09-18 12:56]

[Edited at 2008-09-18 13:34]

[Edited at 2008-09-18 13:43]

You might try importing the text as "tab delimited" into Olifant, and saving as TMX, of course with only one language in it.

Haven't tried myself, but it might work.

HTH

Piotr

P.S. I guess you were having a hard time entering the code, and just quoting your message broke it...

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tool to convert HTML tags to TMX Level 2 inline tags

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search