Tool to convert HTML tags to TMX Level 2 inline tags
Thread poster: dzerry

dzerry
Local time: 10:40
English to Polish
+ ...
Sep 18, 2008

Hi! I'm looking for a tool that would automatically parse the text, find the HTML tags and convert them to legal TMX 1.4b level 2 inline elements. For example:
This piece of text:
<b>Piece of <u>text</u></b>

to this

<bpt i="1">&lt;b&gt;</bpt>Piece of <bpt i="2">&lt;u&gt;</bpt>text<ept i="2">&lt;/u&gt;</ept><ept i="1">&lt;/b&gt;</ept>

It can be a script, XSL stylesheet, command-line tool, or a simple Level 2 compliant TMX editor. Haven't found anything so far.

Thanks!

Jarek Orlowski

[Edited at 2008-09-18 12:56]

[Edited at 2008-09-18 13:34]

[Edited at 2008-09-18 13:43]

Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 10:40
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
Okapi Olifant? Sep 18, 2008

dzerry wrote:

Hi! I'm looking for a tool that would automatically parse the text, find the HTML tags and convert them to legal TMX 1.4b level 2 inline elements. For example:
This piece of text:
Piece of text

to this

Piece of text

It can be a script, XSL stylesheet, command-line tool, or a simple Level 2 compliant TMX editor. Haven't found anything so far.

Thanks!

Jarek Orlowski

[Edited at 2008-09-18 12:56]

[Edited at 2008-09-18 13:34]

[Edited at 2008-09-18 13:43]

You might try importing the text as "tab delimited" into Olifant, and saving as TMX, of course with only one language in it.

Haven't tried myself, but it might work.

HTH

Piotr

P.S. I guess you were having a hard time entering the code, and just quoting your message broke it...icon_frown.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tool to convert HTML tags to TMX Level 2 inline tags

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search