Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
n.dematteis Germany Local time: 11:24 Italian to English + ...
Sep 26, 2008
I'm about to write a dissertation about the bad translation of film titles (from English into Italian) but so far I've been able to find only one book that seems suitable (Translation goes to the Movies, by Micheal Cronin).
Could anyone recommend any interesting book/article on the subject? Of course, not only about film titles, but also the general strategies adopted in this field.
Thank you in advance.
You will find below a brief list of books related to this topic:
- The Semiotics of Subtitling | Zoé de Linde & Neil Kay
- Les transferts linguistiques dans les médias audiovisuels | Yves Gambier (if you speak French)
- Subtitles, Translation & Idioms | Gottlieb, Henrik
- Topics in Audiovisual Translation | Orero, Pilar
- Audiovisual Translation: Language Transfer on Screen | Gunilla Anderman, Jorge Diaz-Cintas
PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.
Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer.
Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools.
Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free