MS Word for translators - pages with tips
Thread poster: sylver

sylver  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:38
English to French
Jun 14, 2003

Dear all,
After being a while in different translator forums, I noted that a lack of knowledge in Microsoft Word is the source of *many* technical problems encountered by translators, especially when working with Trados or Wordfast.

Having a bit of spare time lately, I wrote several pages describing basic and not so basic functions of Word presenting a particular interest to translators, including common shortcuts, how to customize shortcuts, and Word's workspace, Find and Replace, tables, recording macros, and a few other things.

Those interested can find the pages at www.your-translations.com

Cheers,
Sylvain

Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 04:38
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks, Sylvain Jun 14, 2003

Many thanks, Sylvain

Very interesting, and useful tips! While I do think that I'm Word savvy, there's always something new to learn... and your excellent work will contribute to help us.
Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

And, by the way, I also understood why Thailand!icon_wink.gif

Regards,

Clarisa Moraña

Suzanne Bernard
Local time: 04:38
English to French
+ ...
Another resource Jun 14, 2003

Another very useful resource for Word users is "Special Edition Using Microsoft Word 2000" by Bill Camarda (also available for other versions)- ISBN: 0-7897-1852-9. It gives detailed explanations, with examples and screen shots on just about every page.

For more information see www.quecorp.com

Cheers,

Suzanne

Nitza Ramos  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:38
Spanish to English
+ ...
Good contribution.... Jun 14, 2003

Sylvain,

Thank you for sharing!!

Nitza

sylver  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:38
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Glad Jun 15, 2003

you seem to like it. If you have suggestions, corrections, or request, please let me know.

I will do my best to make it as useful as possible.

Cheers,
Sylvain

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MS Word for translators - pages with tips

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search