Thread poster: Greta Holmer

Greta Holmer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:46
Dutch to English
+ ...
Jun 20, 2003

Hi,

I am looking for a good German-Swedish dictionary CD-ROM. Does anyone know of one?
There is a Norstedts one but you can only get a 5 user or 20 user licence for 200 and 700 euros respectively and I would prefer to find one a little cheaper if at all possible!

I would really appreciate any information.
Thanks,
Greta

Direct link Reply with quote

Sven Petersson  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 23:46
English to Swedish
+ ...
There is none Jun 20, 2003

The Norstedts is very thin and disturbingly dated. Whenever I have to look up a word I have to go via Danish or English.

Egmont
Spain
Local time: 23:46
Afrikaans to Spanish
+ ...
DE-SVE Dic. Jun 20, 2003

Sven Petersson wrote:

The Norstedts is very thin and disturbingly dated. Whenever I have to look up a word I have to go via Danish or English.
Check this one for the moment...
http://http://pauker.at/deutsch/40Wrterbücher/20Schwedisch

Greta Holmer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:46
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Jun 22, 2003

Thanks for this but I was looking for something a little more technical as I have a very large chemical patent to translate.

I use Eurodicautom already and find that quite useful for technical terms but really wanted something a little more reliable (Eurodic tends to get very busy and seems to take forever).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does anyone know a good German-Swedish dictionary

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search