Thread poster: Patricia Posadas
Patricia Posadas
Patricia Posadas  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 23:30
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 29, 2002

Hello, I just came across a website where one can search for European companies in general. http://www.europages.com/en/

By typing \"translation\" in the search box you can get a large directory of European translation agencies. Many of them have a website and some of them have a form for freelancers. Good luck!

jackieg
jackieg  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:30
French to English
thank you Jan 29, 2002

Very useful list with interesting leads.

Thanks Patricia for sharing it.

corinne durand
corinne durand  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Thanks Patricia Jan 29, 2002

Patricia, thanks for publishing this address, it\'s great, particularly the details about company (size, location...) and the various sorting options for the search.

Fernando Galv�n (X)
Fernando Galv�n (X)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Europages cd Jan 29, 2002

If you live in Spain (I don\'t know how this works in other countries) you can ask Telefónica for a free Europages guide (which is a big bulk) and cd-rom, but I have hardly used it.

Vladimir Dubisskiy
Vladimir Dubisskiy
United States
Local time: 18:30
Member (2001)
English to Russian
+ ...
Thank You, dear Patricia Jan 30, 2002

Great Resource

Gabriela Frazao
Gabriela Frazao  Identity Verified
Portugal
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jan 30, 2002

Very useful, thanks Patricia

Telesforo Fernandez (X)
Telesforo Fernandez (X)
Local time: 05:00
English to Spanish
+ ...
It is a great link Jan 30, 2002

All translators should , as far as possible, maintain regular contacts and tie-ups with these agencies for getting jobs. I have benefitted a lot. I hope it would help you too.

Dave Greatrix
Dave Greatrix  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Dutch to English
+ ...
Great info source Jan 31, 2002

This is the argument if any were needed against paying for E-mailing lists of agencies. In my fields I found 697!! It\'ll take me \'till Christmas to E-Mail all of them. Well Done!

Adolpho J Silva
Adolpho J Silva  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 20:30
German to English
+ ...
Europages Feb 1, 2002

Hello Patricia,

This is really a wonderful site and I wanted to thank you for your indication. Would be interesting to find out whether a similar organization exists, listing agencies in the USA and Canada ?! Pls advise.

Greetings from Rio.

Sincerely,

Adolpho J Silva

Accredited Translator

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Database of translation agencies

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »