HELP! Tax Form Needed! (Modelo 100)
Thread poster: Edward Tully

Edward Tully  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:11
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
Jan 22, 2009

Hi,
I am doing a translation of a terrible quality pdf file of the "Modelo 100" Income Tax form and desperately need to know if there is anywhere where I can download a .doc copy. I have tried transforming this document but with no success. Also, if anyone out there actually HAS a copy of this form in .doc format even better! All help gratefully received...TIA!

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxLia Fail  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
I doubt it's available Jan 22, 2009

Edward Tully wrote:

Hi,
I am doing a translation of a terrible quality pdf file of the "Modelo 100" Income Tax form and desperately need to know if there is anywhere where I can download a .doc copy. I have tried transforming this document but with no success. Also, if anyone out there actually HAS a copy of this form in .doc format even better! All help gratefully received...TIA!

Hi Edward

I doubt if a doc format is available. However, someone may have done the formatting before though, and might be willing to give/sell you a copy. You could make a posting in the Spanish forum.

Another suggestion is simply not trying to recreate it exactly, as in theory, you should be paid for all this additional formatting. Ask the client if you can do a simple recreation, save it as TXT - although you'll still have to sepnd some time cleaning it up.

I use Abbyy to transform PDFs and it does a pretty good job (although it couldn't do the kind of doc you need). If you haven't this software and want to see how it transforms to TXT, however, write me a mail.

[Edited at 2009-01-22 20:57 GMT]

Member (2005)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
reply Jan 22, 2009

Many thanks Lia, I have Abbyy too and it just won't do it for me this time - hey ho, looks like a long night designing tables in Word!

xxxLia Fail  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Try ES forums Jan 22, 2009

Edward Tully wrote:

Many thanks Lia, I have Abbyy too and it just won't do it for me this time - hey ho, looks like a long night designing tables in Word!

I was offered a job like this last week (company accounts), a PDF of some Hacienda modelo. It was only 4000-5000 words, but it wasn't going to be worth it at any price, except it was possible new direct client and I was going to share the pain with someone else. In the end they wanted it in 10 days and I wasn't going to do it before 14, so they went elsewhere (thank heavens!).

Still worth asking in the ES forum though, someone somewhere must have done this before.

Monica Diaz Trias  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
These links may help... Jan 23, 2009

Edward,

Have a look at these links, see if they are of any help to you.

http://www.aranzadi.es/index.php/informacion-juridica/formularios/fiscal/modelo-d-100-declaracion-ordinaria-del-impuesto-sobre-la-renta-de-las-personas-fisicas

http://www.aeat.es/wps/portal/ListadoContenidos?channel=0ebd21ea135c0110VgnVCM1000004ef01e0a____&ver=L&site=56d8237c0bc1ff00VgnVCM100000d7005a80____&idioma=es_ES&menu=0&img=0

You will find some others in the internet, I think.

And good luck!

Mònica.

Member (2005)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
great link! Jan 23, 2009

very helpful Monica - thank you very much!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

HELP! Tax Form Needed! (Modelo 100)

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search