Recommendations for Fr>En business dictionary please
Thread poster: Caroline Lakey

Caroline Lakey  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 06:51
French to English
Jan 23, 2009

Hello,

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good Fr>En business/marketing dictionary please?

I have the Harrap's Business, but it is quite small and I'm finding it a bit limited. It's probably more suited to students than to professional translators, to be fair to Harrap's!

Many thanks,

Caroline

Peter Manda (X)
Local time: 00:51
German to English
+ ...
business dictionary Jan 23, 2009

Robert-Collins "Business", Dictionnaires Le Robert Paris, (Paris, 2005).

Robin Salmon (X)  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 14:51
German to English
+ ...
Another suggestion Jan 25, 2009

I have a Livre de Poche "Dictionnaire de l'anglais économique et juridique"(quite good for legal terms) and the "Oxford Business French Dictionary" but after ignoring "NTC's French and English Business Dictionary" for a long while, I have found it to be the best of the three.

Jennifer Forbes  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:51
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
Ditto Jan 25, 2009

Robin Salmon wrote:

I have a Livre de Poche "Dictionnaire de l'anglais économique et juridique"(quite good for legal terms) and the "Oxford Business French Dictionary" but after ignoring "NTC's French and English Business Dictionary" for a long while, I have found it to be the best of the three.

I've got the Livre de Poche too. Very useful - and now full of handwritten additions I've made since buying it. Go to (or perhaps, visit on line) Grant & Cutler, Great Marlborough Street, London W.1. They have a vast range of dictionaries and foreign language books.
Best wishes,
Jenny

France
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jan 26, 2009

Great, many thanks for these. I shall certainly have a look, and I'll find Grant and Cutler on line too. I can remember going there when I was doing my A-Levels - shame it's just too far away, so thanks goodness for the internet!

lydiar  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 17:51
Member (2006)
French to English
Fr-En business Dictionaries. Jan 30, 2009

I have the following dictionaries that are surplus to my requirements, not brand new, but good for a start.

English - French | French-English Dictionary of business 1990
0-948549-10-6

Dictionnaire D'Apprentissage Du Francais Des Affaires 2000
2-278-04356-0 (this is english/italian/spanish/french/dutch/german!!)

Drop me a message if you would like them, I've listed them on www.readitswapit.com

France
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Feb 2, 2009

It's really kind of you to offer, but I've got a dictionary that's doing the job for the moment. I've also just ordered a new main French-English dictionary which happens to have a business section, so I'm going to wait and see how extensive that is before I order anything else.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Recommendations for Fr>En business dictionary please

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search