Recommendations for Fr>En business dictionary please
Thread poster: Caroline Lakey

Caroline Lakey  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 01:38
French to English
Jan 23, 2009

Hello,

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good Fr>En business/marketing dictionary please?

I have the Harrap's Business, but it is quite small and I'm finding it a bit limited. It's probably more suited to students than to professional translators, to be fair to Harrap's!

Many thanks,

Caroline

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxPeter Manda
Local time: 19:38
German to English
+ ...
business dictionary Jan 23, 2009

Robert-Collins "Business", Dictionnaires Le Robert Paris, (Paris, 2005).

Robin Salmon  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 09:38
German to English
+ ...
Another suggestion Jan 25, 2009

I have a Livre de Poche "Dictionnaire de l'anglais économique et juridique"(quite good for legal terms) and the "Oxford Business French Dictionary" but after ignoring "NTC's French and English Business Dictionary" for a long while, I have found it to be the best of the three.

Jenny Forbes  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:38
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
Ditto Jan 25, 2009

Robin Salmon wrote:

I have a Livre de Poche "Dictionnaire de l'anglais économique et juridique"(quite good for legal terms) and the "Oxford Business French Dictionary" but after ignoring "NTC's French and English Business Dictionary" for a long while, I have found it to be the best of the three.

I've got the Livre de Poche too. Very useful - and now full of handwritten additions I've made since buying it. Go to (or perhaps, visit on line) Grant & Cutler, Great Marlborough Street, London W.1. They have a vast range of dictionaries and foreign language books.
Best wishes,
Jenny

France
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jan 26, 2009

Great, many thanks for these. I shall certainly have a look, and I'll find Grant and Cutler on line too. I can remember going there when I was doing my A-Levels - shame it's just too far away, so thanks goodness for the internet!

lydiar  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 12:38
Member (2006)
French to English
Fr-En business Dictionaries. Jan 30, 2009

I have the following dictionaries that are surplus to my requirements, not brand new, but good for a start.

English - French | French-English Dictionary of business 1990
0-948549-10-6

Dictionnaire D'Apprentissage Du Francais Des Affaires 2000
2-278-04356-0 (this is english/italian/spanish/french/dutch/german!!)

Drop me a message if you would like them, I've listed them on www.readitswapit.com

France
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Feb 2, 2009

It's really kind of you to offer, but I've got a dictionary that's doing the job for the moment. I've also just ordered a new main French-English dictionary which happens to have a business section, so I'm going to wait and see how extensive that is before I order anything else.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Recommendations for Fr>En business dictionary please

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search