Translation reviews - sources
Thread poster: Alishia
Alishia
Polish to English
Feb 1, 2009

Hello.

Does anyone know some web pages with translation reviews?
I would be very grateful for your help.

Thank you in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

Jean-Marie Le Ray  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 03:12
Italian to French
+ ...
Presentation to download Feb 1, 2009

Hi Alishia,

You can go here
http://www.slideshare.net/jmleray/traduction-formation-emploi-hammamet-presentation
download the presentation and go to the page 37 of the PDF, you'll find some URLs for translation reviews.

Jean-Marie
http://www.translation2.com

Alishia
Polish to English
TOPIC STARTER
no reviews Feb 2, 2009

Thank you for these URLs, however I looked through almost all of them and I haven't found any translation review.
Please help me.

xxxLia Fail  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 03:12
Spanish to English
+ ...
review Feb 3, 2009

Alishia wrote:

Thank you for these URLs, however I looked through almost all of them and I haven't found any translation review.
Please help me.

What do you mean by translation reviews? Do you mean journals?

Alishia
Polish to English
TOPIC STARTER
not journals Feb 3, 2009

No, I don't mean journals.
I mean reviews of some text's translations made by translators (criticism or praise) probably published in magazines for translators.

irina savescu  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 04:12
English to Romanian
Postings should not be made more than once Feb 4, 2009

The above is rule number 3 for forum postings.
I've read numerous reviews of translations that have appeared in various journals. It would be impossible to name just one because, to my knowledge, there is no single magazine or journal dedicated to reviewing translations.
The most obvious places to look for them are the translation studies journals and the literary ones (usually reviewers dealling with a work in translation take one or two paragraphs to discuss the quality of the translation).
You could simply try googling (how do I spell that? ) translation review.
Look what I found and I wasn't trying too hard:
http://maskedtranslator.blogspot.com/2008/06/when-nyt-gets-translation-review-right.html
Also, the fact that you posted the same question twice (with very slight rewording) kind of shows you haven't really thought about what it is that you are looking for (though I might be wrong about this part).

Alishia
Polish to English
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Feb 4, 2009

The fact that I posted almost the same questions twice doesn't mean that I don't know what am I looking for.
I tried googling it, but with no success.
Thank you for this URL, however it seems more like a review of the translation review, not the review of the particular translation
Thanks.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation reviews - sources

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search