Experimental customized searcher for translators
Thread poster: Pablo Bouvier

Pablo Bouvier  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:41
German to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 9, 2009

Hi, all:

I am working on an experimental customized searcher for translators powered by Google.
You can try it now here http://pbouvier.xtreemhost.com/ and let me know what you think to thyssens(at)teleline.es. Main goal is to avoid all the rubbish we get back on general searches by Google. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Take in account it is still a very modest searcher (around 900 pages), because I am working alone on this issue. If you want me to add other translation related pages, that does not appear on the searcher, please send me the link at thyssens(at) teleline.es and I will add them after revising.

BR
Pablo B.

[Editado a las 2009-02-09 14:22 GMT]

[Editado a las 2009-02-09 14:47 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Pablo Bouvier  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:41
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Looking 4 honrific contributors Feb 11, 2009

Dear colleagues:

since it is practically not possible to classify all the translation related links existing on the net by only one people, I am looking for honorific collaborators to improve the searcher. At present, it is configured so it searches through the whole network, heighlightning the links I have introduced manually. Nevertheless, the target is exactly the opposite: Not to search trough the whole network, but only trough the already classified/added links.

The job of the honorific collaborators would be following one:

a) to create a provisional link classification, with not more than ten categories, to facilitate the search by categories.

b) to add interesting translation related links, that does not appear highlighted in the searcher.

c) to delete irrelevant not translation related links, which appear highlighted in the searcher.

d) to classify each individual link under its category.

People interested in collaborating to improve the searcher should send me an e-mail to thyssens (at)teleline.es with his name, surname and the mail address they want to use, so I can send them an invitation to gain access to the searcher management.

Many thanx and best regards,
Pablo B.

[Editado a las 2009-02-11 19:37 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Experimental customized searcher for translators

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search