https://www.proz.com/forum/translator_resources/1276-which_is_the_best_translation_software.html

Which is the best translation software?
Thread poster: Ricardo Galarza
Ricardo Galarza
Ricardo Galarza
Uruguay
Local time: 13:24
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 4, 2002

For those translators who peroform the bulk of their jobs from Spanish into English, what is the best translation software you\'ve come across? If you can mention some of the pros and cons of the aluded software, I would also appreciate it.

Many thanks to everybody.

Cheers

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-02-08 10:52 ]

Luisa Almeida
Luisa Almeida  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:24
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Hum... Feb 14, 2002

Well, that is a difficult question. Each software has its pros e cons.

I prefer Trados, but it is expensive.

Transit is more complex to work with, but you can add references and dictionaries.

But there is a new tool available (for free) that combines these two. WORDFAST is very similar to Trados, but you can add dictionaries, glossaries and references.

You c
... See more
Well, that is a difficult question. Each software has its pros e cons.

I prefer Trados, but it is expensive.

Transit is more complex to work with, but you can add references and dictionaries.

But there is a new tool available (for free) that combines these two. WORDFAST is very similar to Trados, but you can add dictionaries, glossaries and references.

You can download it at http://www.geocities.com/wordfast/cat.html

Regards

Luisa
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Which is the best translation software?

Translation news

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »