Elizabeth Adams  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:37
Member (2002)
Russian to English
+ ...
Aug 4, 2003

Hello!
For several months now I've been thinking about taking a course in writing for marketing/business. Most of the translations I do are of marketing materials, and I'd like to learn a few tricks of the trade from the point of view of a writer.

Problem is, I am moving to Moscow for an indefinite period and will need to find a good college that offers quality courses over the internet. If anyone has had any good experiences with such a course (or if you know where to look for one), I'm all ears!

Direct link Reply with quote

Doru Voin  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 10:37
English to Romanian
+ ...
WritersWrite Aug 4, 2003

Hi Liz!

This is the site I used for info/learning at the beginning of my Tech Writer career. Take your time and surf it. On this particular page (http://www.writerswrite.net/techsrch.cfm?search=article) you will find several links to interesting articles related to writing.

Regards from Bucharest,
Doru

uFO  Identity Verified
South Korea
Local time: 04:37
Korean to English
+ ...
have a look at this one Aug 5, 2003

There are distance education courses in creative writing at George Brown College in Toronto. They might be adding something in business writing too, so check it out. http://bannerweb.gbrownc.on.ca/coned/section/dsed.html
I have not taken their distance courses, but I have been enrolled at an editing program there for about a year, which I find extremely useful and well-organized. As I understand, they have same instructors teaching continuing education and distance courses. if would like to get more info, you can write to me directly.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Know any good writing courses?

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search