https://www.proz.com/forum/translator_resources/131065-sensagent_%22online_encyclopedia_thesaurus_dictionary_definitions_and_more%22.html

Sensagent: "Online Encyclopedia, Thesaurus, Dictionary definitions and more"
Thread poster: Charlotte Blank
Charlotte Blank
Charlotte Blank  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:08
Czech to German
+ ...
Mar 24, 2009

http://sensagent.com/

From their website: "Get definitions, synonyms, derivatives, phrases, semantic net, Wikipedia and Merriam-Webster definitions."

Altogether 26 languages but anagrams, inflections, joker available not for all of them

And when you're not in working-mood you may play Lettris or Boggle (though Lettris did not work with my browser, maybe because I didn't want
... See more
http://sensagent.com/

From their website: "Get definitions, synonyms, derivatives, phrases, semantic net, Wikipedia and Merriam-Webster definitions."

Altogether 26 languages but anagrams, inflections, joker available not for all of them

And when you're not in working-mood you may play Lettris or Boggle (though Lettris did not work with my browser, maybe because I didn't want to allow google-analytics.com...)
Collapse

Ivette Camargo López
Ivette Camargo López  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 23:08
English to Spanish
+ ...
GlossPost Mar 26, 2009

Hi Charlotte,

Thanks for the tip, great! I just visited it and it is quite interesting for the Spanish version.

I also wanted to mention, in case you are not already familiar with this (I wasn't till recently), that there is an online dictionary/resource reference area called GlossPost, where you can enter references such as the one you just posted.

It could be very helpful (if you have the time and interest) to enter your reference there (I mean, I can do
... See more
Hi Charlotte,

Thanks for the tip, great! I just visited it and it is quite interesting for the Spanish version.

I also wanted to mention, in case you are not already familiar with this (I wasn't till recently), that there is an online dictionary/resource reference area called GlossPost, where you can enter references such as the one you just posted.

It could be very helpful (if you have the time and interest) to enter your reference there (I mean, I can do it, but since you are the one who mentioned it first, you should be the one getting credit/brownieZ for this).

Cheers,

Ivette

P.S.: oops, just editing to add the GlossPost link:

www.proz.com/glosspost

[Edited at 2009-03-26 08:18 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Sensagent: "Online Encyclopedia, Thesaurus, Dictionary definitions and more"

Translation news

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »