Mary Quinn  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:37
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...
Aug 14, 2003

Hi Translator Colleagues,

I have been looking all over the Internet trying to find a resource or table that provides the official conversions for grades from Algeria or France. The grades need to be presented as U.S. letter grades. These are grades from an institution of higher education, not secondary school. Does anyone know the name of such an official reference or where I might find this information. I would very much appreciate any help you can offer. Thanks.

Mary

Direct link Reply with quote

Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 02:37
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Hi Mary Aug 14, 2003

In the French Consulate, Cultural Department or whatever their name is, they should be able to help you.
The Algerian system is similar to the French one, and in every country the French representatives have a conversion table in order to validate French certificates for the local authorities.
Good luck, I wish they will be cooperative.

Another idea

You could also try to post them as KudoZ questions, explainig what it is about. They shouldn't be too many, I think. But it's not sure that they will be the "official" translation.

[Edited at 2003-08-14 17:10]

LegalTransform  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:37
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
French educational glossary Aug 15, 2003

http://www.egide.asso.fr/uk/guide/comprendre/glossaire/

Patricia Posadas  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 06:37
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
European Credit Transfert System Aug 15, 2003

A Excellent
B Très bien
C Bien
D Satisfaisant
E Passable
F Insuffisant

See: http://www.uca.es/secretariado/rel_institucionales/ects-scale.html

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Academic Translation: Conversion Resource for French Grades

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search