Thread poster: Priya Dubey Sah

Priya Dubey Sah
India
Local time: 02:26
German to English
+ ...
Apr 24, 2009

Dear All,

I have been using TagEditor 2007 for a year. No problems faced until now (except that the spell checker doesn't work with Vista). I recently loaded this licensed copy on my second laptop (since the first was reformatted) and have been having numerous problems. Following is very urgent!

TagEditor does not show the Word preview with correct formatting. Earlier, all I had to do was to click the preview button and it showed me the entire file, formatting et al with the translation in a separate window. Now it opens Word in the TagEditor window, all formatting undone, with picture links instead of pictures. Very difficult to deliver a clean file with original formatting this way..

I was advised to uncheck the Tradostag Viewer plug-in. I did it, but to no avail.

Could someone help?

Thank you.

Direct link Reply with quote

Noe Tessmann  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:56
English to German
+ ...
Save Target as Apr 24, 2009

Hello,

did you try "Save target as" and have a look at file. If nothing helps go through the file with workbench. It should be in the TM.

Regards

Noe

PS: This is the wrong forum. It should be in SDL Trados Support.

Priya Dubey Sah
India
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Apr 24, 2009

for your prompt response, Noe!

Save Target as saves the file in just the same condition as the preview. So it does not help.

I do not know how to shift this link to Trados support now.

Priya Dubey Sah
India
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No help?! Apr 24, 2009

I really need to know how the formatting can be retained in the preview, so that I can save it as a clean file...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tag Editor shows no Word preview

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search