Looking for German Insurance Contract Act (VVG) in English
Thread poster: Armorel Young

Armorel Young  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:32
Member (2004)
German to English
Jul 22, 2009

I need to translate excerpts from the Vertragsversicherungsgesetz (I think it's the old one I need, not the revision of 2008) amounting to about 575 words. Is anyone able to point me to an existing translation of this? - I've spent a fair bit of time googling for it without success, so it feels like a bit of a long shot, but any hints are welcome.

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxPeter Manda
Local time: 02:32
German to English
+ ...
reference Jul 22, 2009

Pfennigstorf, W. German Insurance Laws. Statutes and Regulations Concerning Insurance Supervision and Insurance Contracts. Karlsruhe: Verlag Versicherungswirtschaft, 1986.
Summary in a synoptic German-English text of all applicable laws and regulations. Glossary of German terms and abbreviations with translations thereof, useful index.

Armorel Young  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:32
Member (2004)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, it's out of print Jul 22, 2009

Thanks - I've seen that book referred to but haven't been able to track down a copy - if anyone has a copy they'd be prepared to lend or quote from I'd be happy to hear from them.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for German Insurance Contract Act (VVG) in English

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search