Translation Literature
Thread poster: Javier Wasserzug

Javier Wasserzug  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:03
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 11, 2009

What would you say are most fundamental technical books a translator should read or own? Let’s say, can you give me a list of maybe… five books about translation?

I am talking about no-fiction books about translating. If you like it and have the time, in a second list:
What are the five books about English-Spanish translation that I should considered reading or owning?

I Looked for a topic like this and could not find anything. So, forgive me if the question was asked already.

THANK YOU!

[Edited at 2009-08-11 20:00 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Madeleine MacRae Klintebo  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:03
Swedish to English
+ ...
WHY? Aug 11, 2009

If you stop using all capitals in your headings so will I - no use "screaming" on the internet....

And if you give colleagues an idea why you're interested in this subject and some idea what your reasons are for studying this literature is, etc. I'm sure you'll get more productive answers.

Are you looking for literature about translation theory or manuals about how to translate technical texts? Or just books about potential traps when translating EN-ES?

Javier Wasserzug  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:03
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No more capitals Aug 11, 2009

Dear Madeleine,

Thank you for your answer.
I am sorry I hurt your virtual ears, hope you find the edition of the title of my post adequate.

My reasons: learning.
My search: yes, about translation theory

Thank you!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation Literature

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search