Translation Literature
Thread poster: Javier Wasserzug

Javier Wasserzug  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:37
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 11, 2009

What would you say are most fundamental technical books a translator should read or own? Let’s say, can you give me a list of maybe… five books about translation?

I am talking about no-fiction books about translating. If you like it and have the time, in a second list:
What are the five books about English-Spanish translation that I should considered reading or owning?

I Looked for a topic like this and could not find anything. So, forgive me if the question was asked already.

THANK YOU!

[Edited at 2009-08-11 20:00 GMT]

madak  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:37
Swedish to English
+ ...
WHY? Aug 11, 2009

If you stop using all capitals in your headings so will I - no use "screaming" on the internet....

And if you give colleagues an idea why you're interested in this subject and some idea what your reasons are for studying this literature is, etc. I'm sure you'll get more productive answers.

Are you looking for literature about translation theory or manuals about how to translate technical texts? Or just books about potential traps when translating EN-ES?

Javier Wasserzug  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:37
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No more capitals Aug 11, 2009

Dear Madeleine,

Thank you for your answer.
I am sorry I hurt your virtual ears, hope you find the edition of the title of my post adequate.

My reasons: learning.
My search: yes, about translation theory

Thank you!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation Literature

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search