Marina Orellana's International Glossary (hard copy)
Thread poster: María Eugenia Wachtendorff

María Eugenia Wachtendorff  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 01:13
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 25, 2009

Just to let you know that Marina's amazing (English-Spanish, Spanish-English) glossary is available again:

http://books.google.com/books?id=nzLMIIbx10wC&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q=&f=false

Cheers,

María Eugenia

Direct link Reply with quote

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:13
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Costs 40 euros Aug 25, 2009

I happened to learn about Marina's work while examining other dictionaries in a large bookshop in Madrid. I found it to be a very interesting resource. It costs Eur 40 and I think it is worth the investment if you work in areas like international business, utilities, public services, legal, etc.

[Edited at 2009-08-25 08:04 GMT]

ICL  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks and a suggestion Aug 25, 2009

Hola María Eugenia,

Thanks for the great tip. I was not familiar with this quite useful-looking dictionary from this Chilean translator.

Should you have some time, I would like to suggest that you post this dictionary in Proz.com's great "Dictionary and reference board". I just checked it and noticed that this dictionary is not included there yet.

I would do it myself, but I have never used this dictionary (yet). Since you are fully familiar with it, I just thought maybe you would be much better qualified to post an entry of this dictionary and write a short feedback review about it, for all the community to enjoy. Of course, this is just a friendly suggestion, no problem if you prefer not to.

Saludos,

Ivette

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
María Eugenia, can you do it? Aug 25, 2009

ICL wrote:
Should you have some time, I would like to suggest that you post this dictionary in Proz.com's great "Dictionary and reference board". I just checked it and noticed that this dictionary is not included there yet.

I think it is a great idea. María Eugenia, as you probably know the glossary better than me (I only have had it for a year or so and haven't used it thoroughly yet), I reckon you are the one to add it?

María Eugenia Wachtendorff  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 01:13
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, I will! Aug 25, 2009

Thanks for the excellent idea, Ivette and Tomás

Andrea Shah
United States
Local time: 23:13
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Thank you! Aug 26, 2009

María Eugenia, I too just want to thank you for posting about this great resource, of which I would otherwise have been ignorant.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Marina Orellana's International Glossary (hard copy)

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search