Marina Orellana's International Glossary (hard copy)
Thread poster: María Eugenia Wachtendorff

María Eugenia Wachtendorff  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 04:53
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 25, 2009

Just to let you know that Marina's amazing (English-Spanish, Spanish-English) glossary is available again:

http://books.google.com/books?id=nzLMIIbx10wC&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q=&f=false

Cheers,

María Eugenia

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:53
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Costs 40 euros Aug 25, 2009

I happened to learn about Marina's work while examining other dictionaries in a large bookshop in Madrid. I found it to be a very interesting resource. It costs Eur 40 and I think it is worth the investment if you work in areas like international business, utilities, public services, legal, etc.

[Edited at 2009-08-25 08:04 GMT]

Ivette Camargo López  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks and a suggestion Aug 25, 2009

Hola María Eugenia,

Thanks for the great tip. I was not familiar with this quite useful-looking dictionary from this Chilean translator.

Should you have some time, I would like to suggest that you post this dictionary in Proz.com's great "Dictionary and reference board". I just checked it and noticed that this dictionary is not included there yet.

I would do it myself, but I have never used this dictionary (yet). Since you are fully familiar with it, I just thought maybe you would be much better qualified to post an entry of this dictionary and write a short feedback review about it, for all the community to enjoy. Of course, this is just a friendly suggestion, no problem if you prefer not to.

Saludos,

Ivette

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
María Eugenia, can you do it? Aug 25, 2009

ICL wrote:
Should you have some time, I would like to suggest that you post this dictionary in Proz.com's great "Dictionary and reference board". I just checked it and noticed that this dictionary is not included there yet.

I think it is a great idea. María Eugenia, as you probably know the glossary better than me (I only have had it for a year or so and haven't used it thoroughly yet), I reckon you are the one to add it?icon_smile.gif

María Eugenia Wachtendorff  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 04:53
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, I will! Aug 25, 2009

Thanks for the excellent idea, Ivette and Tomásicon_smile.gif

Andrea Shah  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:53
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Thank you! Aug 26, 2009

María Eugenia, I too just want to thank you for posting about this great resource, of which I would otherwise have been ignorant.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Marina Orellana's International Glossary (hard copy)

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search