Looking for Feedback on Logoport
Thread poster: Risa Shimizu Barnett

Risa Shimizu Barnett
Local time: 06:54
Japanese to English
+ ...
Sep 22, 2009

Hello all,

I'm looking for some feedback on Logoport. Can you share a little about what you think?

How has it helped you in your own translations? Review tasks?
What features were the most helpful to you?

I very much look forward to your feedback.
Risa

[Edited at 2009-09-23 12:42 GMT]

[Edited at 2009-09-23 12:44 GMT]

Harris Couwenberg  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 12:54
English to Dutch
Logoport Sep 24, 2009

As far as I know, Logoport (LP) is a tool developed by Lionbridge and only used by that company as an online version of Trados. You work directly in a server-based translation memory. No real advantages for the translator, in fact because you work online it can be a tad slow sometimes. I use it regularly, so don't hesitate to ask specific questions.

Harris

Michele Lemieux-Madison  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:54
Member (2005)
English to French
+ ...
Activating and de-activating Logoport and Trados templates Oct 9, 2009

Harris,

Since you have worked with Logoport and I presume Trados, I have a question for you. I am looking at the Logoport instruction manual and it says to deactivate the Trados template and activate the Logoport template.

I presume I have to deactivate Logoport and reactivate Trados when I have a Trados project. Does it affect either application at all? I've problems having to reinstall the Trados template, gosh even the whole software before! I would not want to mess anything up now that Trados is working smoothly.

Thanks!
Michele

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for Feedback on Logoport

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search