Polytechnical Italian English dictionary on CD
Thread poster: Yngve Roennike
Yngve Roennike
Yngve Roennike
Local time: 11:51
Swedish to English
+ ...
Oct 31, 2009

Could someone kindly point me in the right direction for obtaining such an electronic dictionary.
Garzanti informs me that they do not have it.

[Edited at 2009-10-31 16:32 GMT]

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:51
Member (2008)
Italian to English
This may be the one you want Oct 31, 2009

"Il Marolli", published by the illustrious Milan publishers and booksellers Hoepli: "Il Marolli" is possibly the most famous Italian/English technical dictionary. Not infallible and not complete - but a very useful vademecum. It comes as the book + CD and you can install the CD on your own hard driv... See more
"Il Marolli", published by the illustrious Milan publishers and booksellers Hoepli: "Il Marolli" is possibly the most famous Italian/English technical dictionary. Not infallible and not complete - but a very useful vademecum. It comes as the book + CD and you can install the CD on your own hard drive (for faster access).

http://www.hoepli.it/libro/grande-dizionario-tecnico-inglese-in-cd-rom.asp?ib=9788820338961&pc=000012018000000

[Edited at 2009-10-31 23:35 GMT]
Collapse

Yngve Roennike
Yngve Roennike
Local time: 11:51
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Closing remark... Nov 1, 2009

Thanks, I suddenly remembered that dictionary, and sure enough it is sitting on my bookshelf right next to Zachinelli in my personal library, where it is easy to get lost.

Having them on CD makes it a lot easier to move around, e.g., go downtown on assignments, instead of hauling these very heavy clunkers.

I had an antiquated CD version of Zachinelli, so I may be looking to upgrade that one as well on CD. They are probably updated with all kinds of stuff, as well.

Raffaella Panigada
Raffaella Panigada  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 16:51
Member (2007)
English to Italian
+ ...
Marolli Nov 1, 2009

Just to add that the Marolli is also available in CD rom only. These days, it's on sale for just under €40.
http://www.hoepli.it/cercato.asp

Cheers,
Raffaella

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Polytechnical Italian English dictionary on CD

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »