Spanish to English technical engineering dictionary needed
Thread poster: Anna Moorby DipTrans

Anna Moorby DipTrans  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:18
Spanish to English
+ ...
Oct 28, 2003

Dear all,
I've been asked by a Spanish friend who's just graduated as a technical engineer if I know if any kind of dictionary in this area: He wrote
quería pedirte a ver si me podías recomendar algún libro o apuntes de inglés técnico para ingenieros

This is a little out of my field I'm afraid, can anyone help me at all?
Much appreciated,
Anna
xx

Lesley Clarke  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 17:18
Spanish to English
on-line dictionary Oct 28, 2003

The on-line dictionary of the European Union is very good http://europa.eu.int/eurodicautom/Controller

and the ProZ glossaries too, for that matter

Lucinda Hollenberg  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:18
Dutch to English
+ ...
Spanish-English Engineering dictionary Oct 29, 2003

Dear MooMel,
Tell your friend to go to Amazon.com or bol.com and ask the system to search for "Spanish-English Engineering dictionary"

If that does not work, try Ebay. Also, I must say that the Gran Larousse Spanish-English and English-Spanish dictionary has helped me with many a technical and engineering term.

Tell your friend, good luck!
Lucinda

Dinorah Maria Tijerino-Acosta
English to Spanish
+ ...
Diccionario para ingenieros Oct 29, 2003

Another option is the «Diccionario para ingenieros» Español-inglés/inglés-español
by Luis A. Robb. It helps me a lot with my engineering translation. Hope it helps you!

Saludos,

Dinorah

Ari Nuncio  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
Spanish-English technical dictionary Oct 29, 2003

I just received my copy of a Spanish-English technical dictionary put together by Virgilio González y Pozo. I bought it because it got a fairly good review in the ATA mag and because it's a Word document that I can convert to a database-friendly format. I'm not ready to recommend it just yet, but I have found items there that I wasn't able to find elsewhere. The author's e-mail is gonzalez_virgilio@infosel.net.mx.

Cintia Pecellin  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 00:18
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
More resources Oct 29, 2003

The «Diccionario para ingenieros» Español-inglés/inglés-español by Luis A. Robb hould definitely be among his written resources. Also, the "Diccionario Técnico Limusa" Español-inglés/inglés-español by Rafael García Díaz is a good choice to have around.

Good luck to your friend!
Zyntia.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spanish to English technical engineering dictionary needed

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search