Spanish to English technical engineering dictionary needed
Thread poster: Anna Moorby DipTrans

Anna Moorby DipTrans  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:52
Spanish to English
+ ...
Oct 28, 2003

Dear all,
I've been asked by a Spanish friend who's just graduated as a technical engineer if I know if any kind of dictionary in this area: He wrote
quería pedirte a ver si me podías recomendar algún libro o apuntes de inglés técnico para ingenieros

This is a little out of my field I'm afraid, can anyone help me at all?
Much appreciated,
Anna
xx

Direct link Reply with quote

Lesley Clarke  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 03:52
Spanish to English
on-line dictionary Oct 28, 2003

The on-line dictionary of the European Union is very good http://europa.eu.int/eurodicautom/Controller

and the ProZ glossaries too, for that matter

Lucinda  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:52
Member (2002)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Spanish-English Engineering dictionary Oct 29, 2003

Dear MooMel,
Tell your friend to go to Amazon.com or bol.com and ask the system to search for "Spanish-English Engineering dictionary"

If that does not work, try Ebay. Also, I must say that the Gran Larousse Spanish-English and English-Spanish dictionary has helped me with many a technical and engineering term.

Tell your friend, good luck!
Lucinda

Dinorah Maria Tijerino-Acosta
Local time: 04:52
English to Spanish
+ ...
Diccionario para ingenieros Oct 29, 2003

Another option is the «Diccionario para ingenieros» Español-inglés/inglés-español
by Luis A. Robb. It helps me a lot with my engineering translation. Hope it helps you!

Saludos,

Dinorah

Ari Nuncio  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:52
Spanish to English
+ ...
Spanish-English technical dictionary Oct 29, 2003

I just received my copy of a Spanish-English technical dictionary put together by Virgilio González y Pozo. I bought it because it got a fairly good review in the ATA mag and because it's a Word document that I can convert to a database-friendly format. I'm not ready to recommend it just yet, but I have found items there that I wasn't able to find elsewhere. The author's e-mail is gonzalez_virgilio@infosel.net.mx.

Cintia Pecellin  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:52
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
More resources Oct 29, 2003

The «Diccionario para ingenieros» Español-inglés/inglés-español by Luis A. Robb hould definitely be among his written resources. Also, the "Diccionario Técnico Limusa" Español-inglés/inglés-español by Rafael García Díaz is a good choice to have around.

Good luck to your friend!
Zyntia.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spanish to English technical engineering dictionary needed

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search