Transcription formatting
Thread poster: Interlink Dalla

Interlink Dalla  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:28
English to Spanish
Jan 10, 2010

Greetings from Dallas!

I have a Word-related table formatting conundrum.

On a recent transcription project, my client requested that I follow the table format NAJIT uses.

The table was easy enough to make, BUT the client wants line numbers indicated for each row in the table. In the NAJIT template, the numbers are outside the table.

I tried bullets and numbering to do this, as well as the line numbering option, but got no where.

Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks!

Margarita

Tony M
France
Local time: 21:28
French to English
+ ...
Just an idea... Jan 11, 2010

Can't you use an extra column to the left (without borders, so it looks like it's outside the table!), and then use the Word table calculate functions to increment numbers in it by 1 each time?

If not, how about pasting the whole shebang into Excel, adding a column and using 'Fill down...' with a suitable formula, and then copying it all back into Word?

Just a couple of thoughts, haven't actually tried it out, of course! icon_smile.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transcription formatting

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search