Fee for greeting card translation?
Thread poster: Jacqueline Rosa-Kuhn

Jacqueline Rosa-Kuhn
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 23, 2010

What would be a fair fee to charge (per card fee) to translate greeting cards from English to Spanish in the USA? Thank you!

philgoddard
United States
Member (2009)
German to English
+ ...
How long is a piece of string? Jan 23, 2010

I think you just have to decide how much you reckon your time is worth, and how long it will take to do each one. It also depends on the copy - if it rhymes, for example, I would charge a lot more.

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:25
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
An hour each Jan 24, 2010

Greeting cards will contain a very idiomatic expression or message, very often linked to an image which --very probably-- you will not be able to change. I.e. you need to find an idiomatic, witty, often funny expression that makes sense with the graphics on the card. This takes time, a lot of thinking, and skill. I would charge a minimum of 1 hour per card at my usual hourly rate.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Fee for greeting card translation?

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search