Fee for greeting card translation?
Thread poster: Jacqueline Rosa-Kuhn

Jacqueline Rosa-Kuhn
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 23, 2010

What would be a fair fee to charge (per card fee) to translate greeting cards from English to Spanish in the USA? Thank you!

Direct link Reply with quote

philgoddard
United States
Member (2009)
German to English
+ ...
How long is a piece of string? Jan 23, 2010

I think you just have to decide how much you reckon your time is worth, and how long it will take to do each one. It also depends on the copy - if it rhymes, for example, I would charge a lot more.

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:17
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
An hour each Jan 24, 2010

Greeting cards will contain a very idiomatic expression or message, very often linked to an image which --very probably-- you will not be able to change. I.e. you need to find an idiomatic, witty, often funny expression that makes sense with the graphics on the card. This takes time, a lot of thinking, and skill. I would charge a minimum of 1 hour per card at my usual hourly rate.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Fee for greeting card translation?

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search