Adrián Morgollón
Spain
Local time: 01:47
Member (2014)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 26, 2010

Hello everybody,

I need your help to check a piece of information that I received today.

Apparently there exist some free access translation memories (Trados ones) belonging to the EU and, after having looked for them, I begin to doubt whether or not this info was right.

I was told that these memories can be found in the Directorate-General for Translation website but I can't find them.

Could you please confirm this info and indicate me, if it is true, where can I find such translation memories?

Best regards,

Adrián.

Direct link Reply with quote

Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Link to DGT TM Jan 26, 2010

Hi Adrián,

The information is correct. You can read the instructions and download the material at http://langtech.jrc.it/DGT-TM.html .

Kind regards,
Attila

Adrián Morgollón
Spain
Member (2014)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jan 26, 2010

Thank you very much for your quick response Attila.

Regards.

Pablo Bouvier  Identity Verified
German to Spanish
+ ...
EU translation memories Jan 26, 2010

mandu36 wrote:

Hello everybody,

I need your help to check a piece of information that I received today.

Apparently there exist some free access translation memories (Trados ones) belonging to the EU and, after having looked for them, I begin to doubt whether or not this info was right.

I was told that these memories can be found in the Directorate-General for Translation website but I can't find them.

Could you please confirm this info and indicate me, if it is true, where can I find such translation memories?

Best regards,

Adrián.

The EU linguistic corpus has been published here.

To download it, you need to download all the zip files from this address. From the same address you will need to download the TM Extractor and the Dynamic link library

Once you have all the zipped files, the TM extractor executable and the dynamic link library, save all the files to the same directory. Without this, the TM extractor will not work. As the TM extractor is quite intuitive, I guess you will no need further explanation. To be taken in account: With slow computers and in behalf of the translation pair selected TM extraction may last some minutes...

[Editado a las 2010-01-27 01:07 GMT]

Adrián Morgollón
Spain
Member (2014)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jan 27, 2010

Thank you for your help Pablo, I'll follow the steps you indicate.

Best,

Adrián.

Irene Koukia  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:47
Member (2008)
German to Greek
+ ...
Thank you! Jan 27, 2010

Thank you all! It's really helpful and it works perfectly

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

EU translation memories

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search