Google Problems
Thread poster: Paul Dixon

Paul Dixon  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 20:01
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Apr 7, 2010

I have been experiencing problems with using Google. I keep getting the following message:

[large minus sign on a red circle]

This search page has been blocked due to a violation of our terms of use.
We apologise for the temporary inconvenience
To continue your search click here

If I click here, I go into a new site called Conduit, which seems to have the same function as Google, and everything works fine then. Any idea what is happening?

Rick Henry  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:01
Italian to English
+ ...
Does this help? Apr 7, 2010

It suggests either malware or a toolbar you've installed. And this is assuming you're using Firefox/Mozilla.

http://support.mozilla.com/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?locale=es&comments_parentId=612508&forumId=1

R.
==

Paul Dixon  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 20:01
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Internet Explorer Apr 7, 2010

In reply to Rick's posting, I inform that I use Internet Explorer and not Mozilla. In addition, this message comes up in about 10% of Google searches. Finally, as I am not a computer expert, could you (or someone else) explain what "malware" is? I have heard of spyware and viruses, but this is something new.

Gian
Italy
Local time: 01:01
English to Italian
+ ...
malware Apr 7, 2010

From Wikipedia
Malware, short for malicious software, is software designed to infiltrate a computer system without the owner's informed consent. The expression is a general term used by computer professionals to mean a variety of forms of hostile, intrusive, or annoying software or program code.[1] The term "computer virus" is sometimes used as a catch-all phrase to include all types of malware, including true viruses.
Software is considered malware based on the perceived intent of the creator rather than any particular features. Malware includes computer viruses, worms, trojan horses, spyware, dishonest adware, crimeware, most rootkits, and other malicious and unwanted software. In law, malware is sometimes known as a computer contaminant, for instance in the legal codes of several U. S. states, including California and West Virginia.

1. Malicious Software Removal Tool | Protect Your Computer
- [ Traduci questa pagina ]
The tool is available from Microsoft Update, Windows Update and the Microsoft ... To help protect your computer against a wide variety of security threats, ...
www.microsoft.com/.../malwareremove/default.aspx - Copia cache - Simili

2. Malicious Software Removal Tool
- [ Traduci questa pagina ]
9 Jun 2009 ... The tool is available from Microsoft Update, Windows Update and the ... To help protect your computer against a wide variety of security ...
www.microsoft.com/.../malwareremove/default.mspx?sznu... - Copia cache
Altri risultati in www.microsoft.com »

Gian

[Modificato alle 2010-04-07 19:44 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Google Problems

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search