Sonja Marks-Terrey  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 01:01
Member (2006)
German to English
+ ...
Apr 9, 2010

Help! Has anyone else had a problem with the software Across like this:

I cannot check out my latest project! The check-out wizard gets to 11% of check-out complete then Word (even when not open) comes up with an error message, very unspecific, saying Word has encountered a problem. Then everything freezes in Across and I have to shut it using task manager. This problem started this evening, I have never seen it before. I have tried a system restore to several days ago but to no eff
... See more
Help! Has anyone else had a problem with the software Across like this:

I cannot check out my latest project! The check-out wizard gets to 11% of check-out complete then Word (even when not open) comes up with an error message, very unspecific, saying Word has encountered a problem. Then everything freezes in Across and I have to shut it using task manager. This problem started this evening, I have never seen it before. I have tried a system restore to several days ago but to no effect. Does Across have any compatibility problems with AIT programs (Translation Office 300 or ExactSpent) or with Dragon Naturally Speaking as these are the only new software I have installed over the past month.

I have been using Across for over a year with no problem. I seem to have no virus, although Word is acting strangely in that it keeps giving me recovery files when I see no problem.

Please help! I can't get at my latest work like this
Collapse

Umang Dholabhai
Umang Dholabhai  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 04:31
English to Gujarati
+ ...
Reinstall MSOffice Apr 10, 2010

Recently I did encounter such a problem with Across. I did two things. 1. Checked if my anti-virus was up to date. 2. Reinstalled MS Office. I have not faced the problem since then. TO3000 has not affected Across on my system. I am not aware of the Dragon after effects.

Sonja Marks-Terrey
Sonja Marks-Terrey  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 01:01
Member (2006)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Apr 10, 2010

That's a good start. I will update my anti-virus again this morning and see where that gets me.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Across and Word problem

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »