mbc
mbc
Spain
Local time: 09:28
Spanish to English
+ ...
Dec 1, 2003

Hi Everyone,
First off I´m not sure where to post this so if anyone wants to move my post, feel free. I thought of making it a Kudoz question but decided a forum would be more appropriate.
I am rush translating a series a short articles from Catalan and Spanish to English, the series starts with this quote:
“Els mercats són guerres resoltes en forma pacìfica; les guerres són el resultat de transaccions desafortunades” (Claude Lèvi-Strauss: Les estructures elementals d
... See more
Hi Everyone,
First off I´m not sure where to post this so if anyone wants to move my post, feel free. I thought of making it a Kudoz question but decided a forum would be more appropriate.
I am rush translating a series a short articles from Catalan and Spanish to English, the series starts with this quote:
“Els mercats són guerres resoltes en forma pacìfica; les guerres són el resultat de transaccions desafortunades” (Claude Lèvi-Strauss: Les estructures elementals dels parentiu).

I don´t want to translate the quote into English and have it be different than the official translation. However, I am having trouble finding the English version here in Barcelona, if anyone has it and could just quote me the above phrase I would really appreciate it. Or if you know where I might find it online. I must send this off Wednesday...

Many, many thanks,
Madeline.
Collapse

Guy Bray
Guy Bray  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:28
French to English
Try Amazon Dec 1, 2003

Amazon now has all its books online. Look at:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0807046698/ref=sib_dp_pt/002-8077514-2560059#reader-link

Deborah Shannon
Deborah Shannon  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
A link Dec 1, 2003

Hi Madeline,

with a bit of guesswork I found this link - maybe it will be verifiable or at least give you a little more to go on.

[PDF] Gift and Commodity
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat
... and gift exchanges - “Exchanges are peacefully resolved wars (or feuds) and
wars are the result of unsuccessful t
... See more
Hi Madeline,

with a bit of guesswork I found this link - maybe it will be verifiable or at least give you a little more to go on.

[PDF] Gift and Commodity
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat
... and gift exchanges - “Exchanges are peacefully resolved wars (or feuds) and
wars are the result of unsuccessful transactions” (Levi-Strauss on the ...
www.anth.mq.edu.au/ug/150/lecture10-1.pdf

All the best, Deborah
Collapse

mbc
mbc
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks to you both Dec 1, 2003

Thanks to both of you. Deborah, this great, thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I need a quote from Claude Lévi-Strauss: The Elementary Structures of Kinship

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »