https://www.proz.com/forum/translator_resources/1652-online_or_distance_learning_courses_for_professional_translators.html

Online or distance learning courses for professional translators?
Thread poster: Paola PCR
Paola PCR
Paola PCR  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Spanish
Mar 7, 2002

Dear friends,

Does any body here know about online or distance learning courses for professional translator? I have tried to find one, but had no luck.

Thanks in advance.

Patricia Posadas
Patricia Posadas  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:00
English to Spanish
+ ...
Have a look at UNED University Mar 7, 2002

I know the Spanish Distance University (UNED) has some translation courses available. In principle one can register and take exams through any Spanish Embassy if not living in Spain. However, their courses usually start in October ...

UNED\'s website: http://www.uned.es/

Werner George Patels, M.A., C.Tran.(ATIO) (X)
Werner George Patels, M.A., C.Tran.(ATIO) (X)
Local time: 07:00
German to English
+ ...
NYU Mar 8, 2002

www.scps.nyu.edu/dyncon/virt/cour_cert.html

Hope this helps.

Yolanda Ruiz Luque
Yolanda Ruiz Luque
Local time: 13:00
English to Spanish
Are they good? Mar 8, 2002

Are these courses good enough to spend money and time on them or nobody would really recommend them?

Thank you very much for your help.

Lia Fail (X)
Lia Fail (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 13:00
Spanish to English
+ ...
IH Barcelona Mar 10, 2002

International House Barcelona does Eng-Sp and also Traductor Jurado, don\'t know if the latter is distance or not.

Paola PCR
Paola PCR  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, the questions is "Are they any good"? Mar 11, 2002

Thanks for your answers. I will keep on working or, in case I find no good/reliable translation courses, I will follow another courses in order to get a deeper knowledge in my main translation fields.

I think this makes more sense, for the translatins art I have already aquired (but I still have lots to learn, for course), but specialization is also important.

Thanks again.

Me

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Online or distance learning courses for professional translators?

Translation news

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »