Problem with Collins online (www.wordreference.com) HELP!
Thread poster: María Teresa Taylor Oliver
María Teresa Taylor Oliver
María Teresa Taylor Oliver  Identity Verified
Panama
Local time: 09:12
Spanish to English
+ ...
Dec 10, 2003

Does anyone know what happened to the Collins dictionaries over at www.wordreference.com?

The homepage seems to be working fine, but when I try to look up a word by filling in the blank fields and hitting the GO button, it redirects me to Yahoo!

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Thanks!

P.S.: I also need an alternate website, i.e. a very good En
... See more
Does anyone know what happened to the Collins dictionaries over at www.wordreference.com?

The homepage seems to be working fine, but when I try to look up a word by filling in the blank fields and hitting the GO button, it redirects me to Yahoo!

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Thanks!

P.S.: I also need an alternate website, i.e. a very good EnglishSpanish dictionary (I swear by Collins, so I'm going crazy without it!). Help!
Collapse

Margaret Schroeder
Margaret Schroeder  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 08:12
Spanish to English
+ ...
Collins OK, try Vox Dec 10, 2003

It's working for me, so it must be something with your system. When Collins doesn't work for me, I go to Vox.

Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Sonja Tomaskovic (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:12
English to German
+ ...
Works fine Dec 10, 2003

I've just tried it twice and it worked fine. No redirection to Yahoo or something.

Regards,

Sonja

P.S.
You can try www.foreignword.com or use the Proz.com Internet search (from the menu choose KudoZ->Internet search). They too offer a search in wordreference.

Massimo Rippa
Massimo Rippa  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 16:12
English to Italian
+ ...
Maybe they are more qualified to solve your technical problems with their site Dec 10, 2003

Maria Teresa Taylor Oliver wrote:

Just submit your problem at [email protected]
Regards

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with Collins online (www.wordreference.com) HELP!

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »