Trados 2009: What can I install/ download/ buy to make it better?
Thread poster: Lauren DeAre

Lauren DeAre  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:34
Member (2007)
Spanish to English
May 13, 2010

I bought Trados Studio 2009 as my first CAT tool in 2009 and really want to maximize how I'm using it. I would love any help or suggestions as to how I should improve my Translation Memories, Dictionaries and Termbases.

I've considered: Attempting to load all my past translations (from Word) and align them to save in a TM, finding or purchasing an AutoSuggest Dictionary for language pair Spanish to English (not available as a free download from Trados), converting glossaries and uploading them into Termbase...

Any suggestions of the best ways to maximize its use as a tool? Or point me to some resources...

Lutz Molderings  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:34
Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
import DGT TM May 13, 2010

You could download the free multilingual translation memory published by the European Commission's Directorate-General for Translation.

An easy and fast way of adding approx. half a million translation units to your TM.

http://wt.jrc.it/lt/Acquis/DGT_TU_1.0/data/

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2009: What can I install/ download/ buy to make it better?

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search