Mohamed Mehenoun  Identity Verified
Algeria
Local time: 22:12
Member (2008)
English to French
+ ...
May 14, 2010

Hello,

I have a couple of files that I translated and the client is asking me if there is a way to generate the exact same layout in Adobe Illustrator as the original but in Arabic ...

Do any of you know of a tool that can help ?

Thanks

Mohamed

Ahmed Maher  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:12
English to Arabic
+ ...
Use Illustrator May 14, 2010

Dear Mohamed,

Firstly, what is the source files format, is it Indesign, pdf, or illustrator, and how have you translated it with a CAT tool or directly in a word file?
Any way, it seems that you had to use the original files program (Illustrator or Indesign) to edit these files in Arabic, and It had to be the Meddle Eastern version.

Ahmed Maher

Algeria
Member (2008)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I used a PDF file May 14, 2010

Hello,

I used a pdf file and translated in WORD now the client asks me if I can create a file in arabic similar to an ai file and I was wondering if there was a way to use the ai in my CAT directly and generate a translation in that format.

Thanks !

Ahmed Maher  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:12
English to Arabic
+ ...
ai File May 14, 2010

Dear Mohamed,

What is ai file?
As you just have the PDF file, you have 2 options, option A is to ask your client for the original file that generate the pdf Indesign or Quark Express or what ever then you can translate that file with your CAT tool then you will have the target Arabic that also need to be checked in Indesign, Quark Express, or whatever.
Option B is to create the Arabic file using Illustrator, or Indesign ME, or to send the source PDF file along with the target Arabic in word to DTPer to do it for you.

Ahmed Maher

[Edited at 2010-05-14 20:51 GMT]

Algeria
Member (2008)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
ai is an extension that opens with Illustrator May 14, 2010

Thanks for your suggestions

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Adobe Illustrator into a language like arabic

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search