Thread poster: Csilla Jaray-Benn

Csilla Jaray-Benn  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 00:12
French to English
+ ...
May 14, 2010

Dear Proz Translator colleagues,

Could anyone advise me on using Wordfast with Mac? Trados does not have any solution for Mac users, so I assume my only choice could be to use Wordfast. When job posters require the use of Trados, can Wordfats do the job?

Thanks in advance for anyone who can give some ideas.

Cheers,

Csilla

[Edited at 2010-05-14 16:46 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

bookwormkt
Local time: 23:12
French to English
+ ...
I have never tried either on my Mac, so am interested to know. May 14, 2010

However, I am interested in your query about Wordfats working on Mac. Not sure that weight makes a difference to translation!!

[Edited at 2010-05-14 17:20 GMT]

Laurent KRAULAND  Identity Verified
France
French to German
+ ...
There it is... May 14, 2010

http://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/170098-mac_os_x_1063_snow_leopard_compatible_with_wordfast_trados.html

Csilla Jaray-Benn  Identity Verified
France
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Merci for your useful link May 15, 2010

Thank you Laurent the link, it answered a lot of my queries about Wordfast on Mac. Yasmin's comments from the Wordfast support are really helpful. I still have one dark point: how does Trados communicate with Wordfast, if it communicates at all?

To give an example, a client requires Trados, or sends me TMs in Trados. Can I do anything with those through Wordfast?

I did download the Wordfast Pro demo version and it's quite straightforward if you go through the tutorial. It seems you can start using it right away for small translation projects to practice.

Thanks again.

Csilla

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast on Mac

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search