Word doc with graphs does not print as translated
Thread poster: Brian Young

Brian Young  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:09
Danish to English
May 19, 2010

I have a 26 page word document. It contains almost as many imbedded tables and graphs.
I have translated all of these tables, and on the screen they appear as translated. The translation of the tables was done by activating the imbedded spreadsheets.
So it looks great, but when I print to paper all of the tables and graphs come out in the original language, as if they had never been translated. And still it looks right on the screen.
Has anyone ever experienced this?

Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:09
English to French
Tools>Options>Print May 19, 2010

Maybe using checkbox Update links/fields.

Good luck,
Philippe

Roberto Lipani  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:09
Italian to English
+ ...
About graphs and tables in word files May 19, 2010

Hi,
you can either try and update the contents as suggested by the previous colleague (I didn't see his name, sorry).
I also suggest to check the properties of the files (hidden text and, above all the print settings (you should find a dialog with some checkboxes concerning graphs, images and tables: all these should be checked before printing.
Let me know if it works.
Regards.
Roberto

Brian Young  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:09
Danish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Making it work May 19, 2010

Thanks for the tip Philippe.
Unfortunately, it did not help.
I finally found a solution, through trial and error. I select a graph or chart, and then go
edit>chart object>convert>convert to Microsoft graph object
Then it works. I tried this by printing one page that had two graphs on it.
On the screen they both appeared in English, as I had translated them.
I did as described above to just one graph, and then printed that page. The converted chart came out in English, the other graph, despite appearing in English on the screen, came out in the original Danish. This still baffles me. But at least it seems to work.
I will post again if I find out more about this very strange incident.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word doc with graphs does not print as translated

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search