Thread poster: boostrer

boostrer  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:23
Member (2007)
English to Russian
+ ...
May 23, 2010

I am planning to create my own website. Are there any [free] word count programs that can be integrated into the site so that the customer would be able to get an immediate quote?

Thank you.

Direct link Reply with quote

Roberto Lipani  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:23
Italian to English
+ ...
word counts May 23, 2010

Hi,
I'm not sure there are such "programs" to be embedded in a website, but I think you can solve it this way. The idea is the same as for the label "contact" which the visitor of the website sees like a set of fields to fill in.
You can do the same by adding a label "Quote" (you can then link it to your average fees (per word, character or page) and add a formula (like in MS Access or Excel) so that the visitor can have an idea of the costs.
Good luck and have a nice Sunday
Roberto

Henry Hinds  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:24
English to Spanish
+ ...
No need May 23, 2010

The customer's own computer will give him a word count on his files. Then he can just insert that number.

Jaroslaw Michalak  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 21:24
Member (2004)
English to Polish
Depends on the setup May 23, 2010

To large extent it depends on the website setup you have. If you are free to add scripts, change configuration etc., this would be rather trivial with any scripting technique. With fixed configurations it might be a little bit more difficult, but still possible.

Here is a simple Javascript that counts words in a text form:

http://javascript.internet.com/forms/word-count.html

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word count once again

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search