Thread poster: chofi

chofi  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:50
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 23, 2010

Hello, I'm very new using Trados, I have the 2007 version, I started a project just to practice in Word 2007, I started and everything was fine but all of a sudden the cursor goes back to the same place, which is the beginning of the last segment I translated. What I mean is, when i click on set/close/open/get instead of going to the next segment it goes back to beginning of last one, I tried everything and I don't know what I'm doing wrong, please let me know if you know, thanks!!
Chofi

Direct link Reply with quote

Amy Williams  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:50
Italian to English
+ ...
total guess, but... May 23, 2010

Hi Chofi,

Have you tried working in the "Normal" view rather than "Print Layout"?

Just an idea.

All the best from a very sunny Bournemouth,
Amy

chofi  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It doesn't work May 23, 2010

Yes, that doesn't do anything, thanks a lot though, I hope I get my solution soon!
Regards
Chofi

Éva Vajda  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:50
English to Hungarian
+ ...
You might try the Fix Document option May 23, 2010

Your text might have got corrupted, or a tag got deleted. In Word's Trados menu look for the Fix Document option and click on it, if tags were deleted, it solves the problem, even if this wasn't the problem it won't do any harm. You can also use the Ctrl+Alt+U shortcut with the same result.

Hope it works!

Eva

chofi  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem fixed May 23, 2010

Thanks, I actually did that before and after clicking a couple of things it got fixed, now I know what to do for next time, thanks again,
Chofi

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trying to translate in Trados

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search