https://www.proz.com/forum/translator_resources/171622-i_need_help_with_multiterm.html

I need help with multiterm
Thread poster: Sofia Villella
Sofia Villella
Sofia Villella  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:27
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 23, 2010

Hi, I recently started learning how to use Trados. I started a project on my own, just to practice. I just created a new TM and I'm using a book to translate in Microsoft Word. My question is: I have to translate everything since it's the first time I use it right? I get no matches. And also, how do you use Multiterm? Not sure what to do on this first project but to translate with no help. Thanks
Chofi

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:27
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Look for training in your area May 24, 2010

After years trying to learn it on my own and losing plenty of time on that, I decided to take a proper course on Multiterm. The situation changed completely when I did, so I encourage you to look for proper training about Trados and Multiterm in your area. You will not regret it. Multiterm is probably the less intuitive software in the whole world!

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 12:27
English to Czech
+ ...
Training indeed May 26, 2010

I second Tomás and his post, with the exception of his note on MultiTerm. I find TermStar much worse.

Anyways, although I'm not a moderator of this forum, I strongly encourage you to use the SDL Support forum: http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support-65.html

[Upraveno: 2010-05-26 13:15 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I need help with multiterm

Translation news

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »