HR/Personnel Dictionary (Spanish/English)
Thread poster: tazdog (X)

tazdog (X)
Spain
Local time: 02:42
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jul 15, 2001

Does anyone know of a good dictionary in this area? My usual bookstore (a good one!) has absolutely nothing and the owner doesn\'t even know of any. I have bits and pieces of HR/Personnel terminology in other dictionaries (general, business, commercial, legal) but would really like ONE dictionary that would cover all of those terms, plus a lot more that don\'t come up anywhere. I\'d appreciate any help or comments from people who have run into the same problem. Thanks!

Marcus Malabad  Identity Verified
Canada
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Jul 22, 2001

Cindy,

I\'d like to direct you to the message I wrote in this forum under a different heading. Here\'s the link:

http://www.proz.com/v3/index.php3?sp=bb/viewtopic&sid=&topic=87&forum=15&15

I\'ve bought some great SpanishEnglish dickos from Grant & Cutler but their prices might horrify you...You could also try the two American Web sites I listed. They\'re both excellent sources for all the major languages.

Please tell me if you find the dictionary.

HTH

Marcus

tazdog (X)
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Jul 22, 2001

Thanks, Marcus, I will check them out.

Cindy

tazdog (X)
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Jul 24, 2001

Update: Marcus, those look like great places for buying dictionaries. I have added them to my bookmarks for future use. Grant and Cutler have a couple that look pretty good in the human resources/labor area, but as you said, they are expensive, and right now my volume of work in that area doesn\'t justify that kind of investment. However, I noticed that they were selling European Employment and Industrial Relations Glossaries, so I took a chance and searched for them on the Internet,and found them. Here\'s the link in case anyone is interested:

http://www.eurofound.ie/emire/spain.html

I think it will be a good resource.

Thanks for your help.

Cindy

Marcus Malabad  Identity Verified
Canada
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Aug 7, 2001

wow, great on-line dicko!

thanks Cindy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

HR/Personnel Dictionary (Spanish/English)

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search