Software to search for perfect match
Thread poster: sheley
sheley
sheley
Local time: 11:05
Jul 7, 2010

Hi,
I am looking for some help with finding a tool which can find perfect or part matches in excel documents that contain lists of different website urls.
Does anyone have any experience with this?
Thanks,
Sheley

Adam Łobatiuk
Adam Łobatiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 11:05
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
Excel itself Jul 7, 2010

Hi Sheley,

It's not easy and may put you off at first, but try using Excel functions. For example, my favourite VLOOKUP returns perfect matches between 2 lists. Not sure about fuzzy matches, but there are functions for comparing left, right or middle parts of strings, which could work with your URL's. And sorting might be useful, too. And you can combine functions in formulas as well. Try reading help on them, especially examples. Functions also work in OpenOffice where they might (
... See more
Hi Sheley,

It's not easy and may put you off at first, but try using Excel functions. For example, my favourite VLOOKUP returns perfect matches between 2 lists. Not sure about fuzzy matches, but there are functions for comparing left, right or middle parts of strings, which could work with your URL's. And sorting might be useful, too. And you can combine functions in formulas as well. Try reading help on them, especially examples. Functions also work in OpenOffice where they might (or not) be explained better.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Software to search for perfect match

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »